The Workbench

The Workbench
Making my Dreams a Reality

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Been Busy Lately

Hey Guys,

I haven't made much progress on the Go Kart or the Datalogger...

Me and my sister have bought a pet rat each, and I have spent my time looking after Samantha. My friend Jack, Sarah (sister), and myself spent last weekend bulding them cages ($60 for a commercial one!). Haven't taken any pictures of them yet as I haven't got around to it just yet, but don't worry :-).


Go kart:

Tomorrow I will order 4x The needed MOSFETs. The switching power will be about 500A at 12V (6000W!!). Then I need to go to DSE and buy a meter of 8 gauge wire (1 meter Red 1 meter Black).


Datalogger:

Have ordered a RTC from maxim, and that should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I have also started to run the wires for the temperature sensors. Will measure; Roof Cavity, Inside, Outside and Inside the wall (touching the exterior wall). I am waiting for a meating with a man by the name of Dave. He has a fisher and paykel washing machine I may be able to have. I'm hoping it is a smart drive - they make good windmills. I also want to put up a new tower for the windmill so it gets a nice strong wind. I will have to follow some plans from a man in NZ - I can weld, and I can get scrap steel. Hoping wood is cheap, need about 5m!!. I dont think I can build a new tower, dad wouldn't be too pleased, (and just quietly I can't afford it :-P).


I would say that is enough from me for now.

Bye,

Dan - AKA Microman171

No comments:

Post a Comment